Jumia

Access


Saturday, May 17, 2014

Boko Haram Writes School, Threatens To Abduct Male Students

The Principal of Government College, Makurdi, Godfrey Ugudu, on Saturday said the school had received letter from Boko Haram sect threatening to attack the school.

Ugudu, who announced this at a news conference in Makurdi on Saturday, added that the school received two letters which had the same content on 14 May.

“It is true that we saw two letters informing us of the intention of the sect to invade our school on Friday or Monday by Boko Haram.


“The letters were dated May 14, 2014, stating that they were coming either of the two days to abduct our boys whom they would marry to the secondary school girls abducted in Chibok.

“In the letter, we were asked to inform the Mount Saint Gabriel Secondary School opposite us to also get prepared as they promised to invade the place too.’’

According to him, “we immediately alerted the police and the Commissioner for Education. A report has been made to the Governor on the issue.

“The two letters, which were written in pidgin English, were sighted inside one of the classrooms and the second one was slipped into the staff room,” he said.

The principal commended the government and security operatives in the state for their prompt response to the issue.

He said that everything had been done to ensure the safety of the school children, adding that he had informed the Principal of Mount Saint Gabriel.

NAN reports that about 500 out of about 700 students of the college are living in the school while Mount Saint Gabriel is purely boarding school.

The Police Public Relations Officer in the state, Dan Ezeala, confirmed the report and assured that police were on top of the situation.



34 comments:

  1. Police on top of what? Lmaoooooooooo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Since when did boko haram start writing letters

      Delete
  2. Woe unto you Shekau

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think its from Boko haram. It may even be from the students.
      Boko haram won't write their letter on pidgin English. They write in Hausa or Arabic.

      Delete
  3. Ofcourse dey won't come on d said date naaaa. Maybe same date nxt month or in 2mnths time. Shebi dey want d boys to marry chibok girls abi? All na same unity we dey preach for 9ja. E no go better for boko haram nd dia generation AMEN

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pls U pple shld let the students go home now. To avoid another case of abduction.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heheh.Na d students dey control this prank.they want holoday

    ReplyDelete
  6. Got to love a religious sect that abhors education yet takes the time out to write threats. Been wondering how they figured out how to use the cameras they shoot videos with or drive their explosive cars. All the more reason to champion illiteracy, hypocrisy like that would be glaring otherwise.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A word is enough for the wise... Parents, use ur head o! Don't depend on the police or Gov, They will fail u.



















    Salt

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stupid boko haram, they will fail this time. DERA MI

    ReplyDelete
  9. So we should start getting ready for alot of the following..


    1. Another cry cry video from Mrs Goodluck
    2. Bring back our boys Saga.
    3. CNN bringing Anderson Cooper....lol
    4. Barack Obama display on his Instagram...a picture if him holding a sign of 'bring back our boys'..

    God help Nigeria!!

    Mayowa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Different picture of protest
      Organised vigil cum confab
      fake video of how they will be killed
      u no wan go t shirt
      nollywood film- missing boys

      Delete
  10. Some bad students are up to mischief they want to bunk off school and they are writing letter to cause panick. Since when has Boko Haram started warning schools via letter that they are coming to attack and also give them date.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Heavy #sign#

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lord have mercy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hmmmm. Not again

    ReplyDelete
  14. Olorun a saanu wa o

    ReplyDelete
  15. All the schools should just take a break and resume back after 2015 election

    ReplyDelete
  16. Serious palaver

    ReplyDelete
  17. Prevention is better than cure.The federal government and her army must not treat the letter with levity.The school must be fortified.Enough of Boko Haram insurgency. Visit www.olusolaoso.blogspot.com for captivating stories on entertainment,breaking news,events,politics and sports.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Prevention is better than cure.The federal government and her army must not treat the letter with levity.The school must be fortified.Enough of Boko Haram insurgency. Visit www.olusolaoso.blogspot.com for captivating stories on entertainment,breaking news,events,politics and sports.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Stupid principal plsSs release the boys ohhhh let them go home...nigeria government can not do anything ohhhhhh.......repeating same mistakes shows hw dumb u are .

    ReplyDelete
  20. Another crisis at hand

    ReplyDelete
  21. God will fight this battle for us

    ReplyDelete
  22. It might be a prank from one of the students.

    ReplyDelete
  23. This imbecile Shekau needs to be silenced.....

    ReplyDelete
  24. Government collage boys no go mind the abduction as long as dem actually give them d girls marry. Lo

    ReplyDelete
  25. It should be a student that wants to go home

    ReplyDelete
  26. Pls the student should vacate the boarding house and come from home. Nigeria cannot handle another calamity again pls

    ReplyDelete
  27. Some students wants to go home lol

    ReplyDelete
  28. I think they are just trying to distract everyone

    Pls visit www.blogsvila.blogspot.com for hookps

    ReplyDelete
  29. God is in control... still on team #Bringbackourgirls# contact me for your affordable event decoration that brings the wooow look 2B9F4894.

    ReplyDelete