Wednesday, September 28, 2016

EDO: INEC Denies Ballot Box Snatching As Against Oshiomhole’s Allegations

The Independent National Electoral Commission has denied report of ballot box snatching and gunshots in some polling centres during the Edo governorship election today.

Gov. Adams Oshiomhole had earlier said he received a report that some thugs snatched ballot boxes at Opoji in Esan North-East Local Government Area during the election. He also alleged that the suspected snatchers shot sporadically before taking away the ballot boxes.

The Deputy Director of Voter Education and Publicity, INEC, Mr Nick Dazang said, “I just called Mr Solomon Soyebi, who is the National Commissioner supervising the election and has denied the allegation of gunshots and ballot box snatching at Opoji in Esan North-East Local Government Area of the state.”