The family members, however, refused to state the amounts demanded by the abductors, saying they had been warned by the kidnappers against doing so.
A Punch correspondent learnt that local vigilance group members have also started combing the bushes in the Igbonla area to find the victims.
A top police source on Friday said that the gunmen were believed to still be within the town and that all possible waterways of escape had been blocked by the navy and the police.
It had been reported that the attackers, comprising five men and a woman, at about 8am on Thursday, stormed the school and abducted the six persons.
The pupils, who were reportedly rounding off their morning assembly in a hall, were thrown into confusion as the abductors shot sporadically in the area. In the ensuing confusion, four pupils, namely: Isaac Adebisi, Okonkwo Emmanuel, Abu, and Jeremiah, were taken away by the assailants.
The English/Civic Education teacher, Lukman Oyerinde and the Vice-Principal, A.O Oyesola, were also taken away.
A relative of one of the pupils, who spoke on condition of anonymity, said the kidnappers assured them that their children were doing fine.
He said, “The kidnappers have called us, but they sternly warned against making what they demanded as ransom public. They assured us that our children are fine. They also told us not to involve the police. That is all I can say for now.”
Our correspondent learnt that the affected parents were in the school on Friday to meet with the authorities as rescue efforts continued.
The Lagos State Police Public Relations Officer, Dolapo Badmos, could not be reached for comments on Friday.
However, the State Commissioner of Police, Fatai Owoseni, had earlier assured that the marine police, the Rapid Response Squad, the Special Anti-Robbery Squad and the Nigerian Navy were all involved in the operation to rescue the victims.