Three people have been confirmed dead in the bomb explosion. A personnel of the local vigilante called Civilian-JTF, involved in the rescue and evacuation of victims of the blasts, confirmed the death to journalists.
“So far, three persons are dead,” Alhaji Danbatta told journalists on phone. “It was a suicide bomb attack, we are trying to ascertain the actual number of those injured in the hospital now,” he added.
The explosion was said to have occurred in a crowded area near Maiduguri’s main market. The two blasts occurred in quick succession at about 8:48 a.m. The police spokesperson, Victor Isuku, confirmed the blasts which he said was near Old NEPA office not far from Monday market.