Monday, January 2, 2017

Woman Bitten By Snake At Australia Zoo

A woman has been bitten by a wild snake at an Australia Zoo.  Australia Zoo officials say it was the first time in their 46 year history that a guest had ever been bitten by a snake. The reptile was a wild one and is believed to have come from the Australia Zoo Wetlands area.

“The snake was identified as a green tree snake, which is a common occurrence in the Wetlands, as it is the perfect environment for their favourite food, frogs,” a spokesman said.

“While Green tree snakes are not venomous, we followed first aid protocol and the guest was taken to hospital.”

Emergency services were called to the Queensland attraction on Steve Irwin Way just after 1pm and took the woman, in her 20s, to Caloundra Hospital.

Terri Irwin later tweeted: “Happy to report guest and snake are both just fine”.

11 comments: