Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Former Dream Singer Melissa Schuman Claims Backstreet Boy Nick Carter Raped Her

Former Dream singer Melissa Schuman has claimed that Backstreet Boy Nick Carter forced her to perform oral sex on him before raping her inside his Santa Monica apartment in 2002.

Schuman said she was 18 and he was 22 at the time of the alleged assault. She said her first conversation with Carter occurred over the phone while she was filming her This Is Me Remix music video with her group Dream and then boss, P. Diddy.

Schuman wrote on her blog that their labels set up the call because they thought the pair should date.

'My label reps sat in on the call, anticipating a spark between the two of us. I was already dating someone steadily at the time,' Schuman wrote.


Schuman said a few years later, Carter invited her to his Santa Monica apartment for a 'casual hangout,' to which she also invited a friend.

She claims that they all took a shot and played video games before Carter asked her to come into his office and listen to some new music he was working on.

Carter allegedly made out with her before forcibly unbuttoning her pants and performing oral sex on her, despite her desperate calls for him to stop. 

Schuman then claims he took her into a bathroom where he made her perform oral sex on him.

'He was stronger and much bigger than me, and there was no way I would be able to open that door or have anyone help me.

'My friend couldn’t help me, I didn’t even know where she was. So when he placed my hand on his penis my thought was the only way to get out was to get him to finish what he had started,' Schuman wrote.

Schuman alleges that Carter then threw her on the bed and climbed on top of her.

I told him that I was a virgin and I didn’t want to have sex. I told him that I was saving myself for my future husband. I said it over and over again,' she wrote.

She alleges that Carter, who appeared to be growing impatient with her, then forced her to have intercourse.

After the alleged rape, Schuman said Carter called her over and over again for weeks but she refused to pick up the phone.

'Then he finally left me one last nasty, angry message and he never called me again,' she wrote. 

'I was broken. I was tired. I was traumatized. I told my therapist. I told my family. I told my friends. I have a plethora of people who can attest that I eventually became open vocal about my experience, I’ve just never had the platform to come out publicly,' she wrote in the blog post.

Schuman said her family urged her to come forward about the alleged incident after the news broke about the multiple sexual assault allegations against Harvey Weinstein.

She said at first she said 'no' until she saw a RadarOnline article last month claiming that Carter was accused of sexually assaulting a 20-year-old fan during a booze-fueled house party in 2006.

Schuman said that commenters on the story victim-shamed the woman, which is one of the reason why 'victims don’t speak out'.

'I feel I have an obligation now to come forward with the hope and intention to inspire and encourage other victims to tell their story.

'We are stronger in numbers. If you are reading this and you have been assaulted, know you don’t have to be silent and you are not alone. I know it’s scary. I’m scared.

'I believe you. I stand with you and together I hope we can bring light to things that have been lost in the darkness for so long,' Schuman wrote, concluding with #MeToo.

3 comments: