body

Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Chibok Girls Vow Not To Return Home In New Video Released By Boko Haram... WATCH

Terrorist group, Boko Haram on Monday released a new video showing remaining schoolgirls abducted four years ago from Chibok, Borno State.

The video is the first since May last year when another woman who also claimed to be among the 219 seized from the town in Borno state said she wanted to stay.

It was not clear when or where the latest video was recorded but the video was released by Saharareporters.

A group of about 12 girls and young women, some of whom are holding babies, are seen in the video.

“We are the Chibok girls, you have been crying we should be released. But by the grace of Allah, we will not return home,” one of the girls said in the released video.

“These people are taking care of us and we are grateful to them. We are happy here – we have found our faith,” she added.

The video also paraded some women believed to be police officers who were abducted in June 2017, the women sobbed as a Boko Haram speaker recited the Qur’an before asking some of them to speak on video.

Shekau also in the video claimed responsibility for the downing of a Nigerian air force helicopter on January 5. A part wreckage of a helicopter is also shown in the footage .

“I am not wounded, I am ready to fight and will continue to fight,”  he said as he read from a prepared speech in  Hausa and flanked left and right by well-armed lieutenants.

4 comments: