body

Echostone


Monday, September 10, 2018

Stop Using Asbestos As Ceiling, It Causes Cancer, Lagos State Commissioner For Housing Warns

The Lagos State Commissioner for Housing, Prince Gbolahan Lawal has alerted the public against the use of asbestos as ceiling in homes, saying it could cause cancer.

“Few years ago, Lagos State Government stopped the use of asbestos for ceiling because of its carcinogenic effect; we now use PVCs (plastic) in our estates and buildings.

“Asbestos ceilings are carcinogenic, it causes cancer and if you have it in your house you should try and change it,’’ he  told the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) on Sunday in Lagos.

5 comments: