Saturday, July 26, 2014

Phone Users Explain How Their Samsung Galaxy S4 Got Burnt

A 13-year-old Texas girl, Ariel Tolfree who placed her Samsung Galaxy S4 under her pillow while charging it and fell asleep has explained how she woke up to see it burnt.

Tolfree said later that night, she smelled something burning, but never thought it could be her phone. “I didn’t think much of it, so I went back to sleep and then I woke up again and it was more prominent,” she said.


Tolfree’s dad however believes the phone overheated, causing the battery to swell and ignite a small fire.

In another development, Holly Hewett, 25, plugged her phone in to charge while she slept, but she was later woken up by a sizzling sound and the smell of the burning phone. She explains;

'I woke up at 4.30am when my boyfriend got up to go to work and looked at my phone to check the time.

'I noticed it was running low on battery so I plugged it in and put it on charge.

'At about 5am I checked the time again then rolled over and went back to sleep, but within about 10 minutes of that I heard a sizzling sound.

'Even though it was dark I could smell the smoke. I picked it up and the screen sparked.

'As I walked to the bathroom the battery fell out of the casing at the back onto the floor.

'I didn’t burn myself but there's a hole in the carpet where it scorched it. The smell was awful, so I opened a window.'

'I was on my own and panicked because I'd got no house phone so I didn’t know how to contact anyone to let them know what had happened, she said.




23 comments:

  1. This is to tech us lesson or what??? Samsung burn he burn......

    www.libersblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is serious , can this news be emanating from the competition ????

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ladi am a consistent reader of you blog and I was hoping you would check out my video on YouTube
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KB9axO4iOBc

    ReplyDelete
  4. Samsung nw producing fake products datz bad,despite their popularity.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anyone that uses an s4 knows the phone dey hot well well especially when charging. My phone is always where my fan can reach it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What if you are in the bus or in a place where there is no bus?

      Delete
    2. When the phone is charging mumu

      Delete
  6. Wow! Oo run womuwomu. Oyinbo pple n laws! Samsung is so gonna pay for this. I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Oo run womuwomu. Oyinbo pple n laws! Samsung is so gonna pay for this. I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Blackberry for life

    ReplyDelete
  9. Most of these phones are packed with too many features and applications that is why they don't usually last long

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't even know the phone, but thanks for warning me ahead

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hmm. Thank God for her life ooo. DERA MI

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like selected cases. I am not sure this happens to everyone

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am sure it is a factory related issue, it doesn't mean the phone model is bad

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hope this is not coming from competitors of Samsung?

    ReplyDelete
  15. It is not an everyday thing jare

    ReplyDelete
  16. but how can someone place a phone under a pillow while charging? Some crazy things people do these days

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! but it happens, very well. Just so that you would be alert when someone wants to pick it or something like that
      Do you seek a serious relationship? TryBV HookUps

      Delete