20-Year-Old Man Murders Gay Partner Over N600 Debt In Lagos

A 20-year-old man that killed his gay partner has told an
Ebute-Metta Magistrates Court in Lagos State that he recruited the help of four
men to assist him in beating his male lover because he refused to pay a N600
debt owed him.
The defendant,
Anthony Toms, said it was not his intention to beat his 32-year-old lover,
Sonye Chukwudi, to death.
Other defendants
in the murder case are Godwin Francis, 25; Michael Iyang, 21; Evidence David,
23; and Etuk Tony. The incident
happened on June 21, 2015 around 9:30pm at Ransom Kuti Garden, Anthony Village,

said Toms initiated the murder of Chukwudi by ordering his friends to tie his
hands and legs and then proceeded to beat him. Chukwudi lost
consciousness and never recovered.
Police said Toms
killed Chukwudi because he refused to pay him N600 he owed him. The money was for
garden flowers Toms sold to the deceased. Toms pleaded
guilty to the count charges at the court.
Toms said: “I met
Chukwudi a few years back. He lured me into
“I told him that
I’m a gardener.
“He told me he would
need me to get some flowers for him.
“I did, but he
didn’t balance me the remaining money.
“I repeatedly
asked him, but he refused to pay me.
“I thought if I
threatened him, he would pay me.
“I called him on
the fateful day and asked him to meet me at Ikeja.
“We both headed
to Anthony. On getting to
our destination, I asked him for my money.
“He said he
didn’t have money on him.
“I called my
Toms said his
four friends assisted him in tying up his lover.
They tied his
hands and legs.
The idea was to
beat him up and collect any money found on him.
They did and
found N4,750 on him.
They also found a
Symbian phone.
Toms said: “We
noticed he had fainted and dragged him back to his car.
“We waited for a
while, but he didn’t recover.
“We took a second
look at him and discovered that he was dead.
“We abandoned
“Police later
came to arrest us.
“We didn’t know
how the police got information that we killed him.”
Toms’s cronies
all denied knowing the late Chukwudi.
They explained
that they had never set eyes on the deceased until the day Toms came to them
seeking for their help.
They confessed
that Toms told them that he needed their help in dealing with the deceased.
Toms also told
them that Chukwudi refused to pay for services rendered.
The case has been adjourned to July 31, 2015.


Follow Us on Facebook – @LadunLiadi; Instagram – @LadunLiadi; Twitter – @LadunLiadi; Youtube – @LadunLiadiTV for updates


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here