27-Year Old Man Rapes Teen In Badagry Till He Damaged Her Womb


When Mrs Lawal sent her 11-year-old grand-daughter (names
withheld) on an errand to deliver okro 
to  a customer, she did not
envisage that the girl would be ambushed 
not to talk of being raped.

The fate that befell the grand-daughter on November 29,
2015, at Pure Water Bus Stop along Lagos-Badagry Road, was better imagined than
experienced; she was found lying on a culvert unconscious, with blood all over
her body.
It was learned that victim was ambushed on her way to the next
street when a 27-year-old bakery worker, identified as Sule, allegedly ambushed
her, dragged her to an uncompleted building and raped her.
It was alleged that Sule then abandoned the little girl there.
She regained conscious and barely able to walk out of the uncompleted building
when she collapsed on a culvert near Adebola International School, along palace
The suspect allegedly ran away after the rape, but police
officers from Morogbo Divisional Police Headquarters apprehended him a week
Narrating her ordeal, the Primary 3 pupil said: ‘’After my
grandma returned from the market that day, she sent me to her customer who
sells cooked food at the other street. She asked me to supply her fresh okro
which the customer had ordered for”.
‘’It was while I was on my way there that uncle Sule, who
works in a bakery at Itoro area, called me. He said he wanted to buy okro for
his wife.  I told him the okro was not
for sale, and that my mother’s friend had ordered for it. He said I should
follow him, but I refused. All of a sudden, he grabbed me and dragged me to an
uncompleted building. When I tried to shout, he used his hand to cover my
mouth. As I tried to struggle, he tore my clothes and removed my pants. He also
used his nails to injure my back as I attempted to escape, he over powered me
and raped me.”
Mrs Lawal, the grandma, also gave her perspective of the
incident. She stated: “After waiting for about 30 minutes for her to come back
from the errand, I started looking for her because the place where she was
supposed to take the okro to was the next street, less than 10 minutes’ walk.
It was around 2pm that I asked her to go and give the okro to my customer who placed
the order. After waiting for her to come, I started looking for her before
an  Okada man came to alert me that they
had found my grand-daughter at about 2:30pm, and that she was lying unconscious
on a culvert close to Adebola School. When I got there, onlookers had gathered
at the scene. I was pained at what I saw; my little girl soaked in her own
blood, her clothes torn. It was obvious she had been raped, as she was bleeding
profusely, but because she was unconscious we didn’t know who was responsible.
Immediately, I called my husband and he asked me to report the case to the
police. When we got to Morogbo Police Station, they gave us police report and
referred us to the General Hospital, Badagry.’’
She continued: “A doctor’s report from the hospital confirmed
that my grandchild was raped, as she had deep cuts and severe injuries
inflicted on her virginal which caused the bleeding. The doctor stated that because
of complications arising from the rape, her womb had been affected and that she
needed urgent surgery. So they referred us to Igando General Hospital, along
Iba -LASU road where they said they had the facility to handle her case.”’
Also speaking on the incident, Mr Lawal, the grandfather of
the victim, said, “I was not at home when my wife called me that something
terrible had happened. Immediately, I asked her to go the police station to
report the case. I met her at Morogbo Divisional Police Station.
“From Badagry General Hospital, I had to charter a cab that
took us to Igando General Hospital, but because of traffic, we did not get  to Igando until around 11pm and, by 12
midnight, she was in the theater because of the serious nature of her case. She
was on admission from that day till Sunday when she was discharged.
‘’All we want is for justice to be done. Sincerely, we don’t
know the effect of this rape on this little girl. We don’t know if the rapist
did it for ritual purposes. We want justice because we don’t know the outcome
of this. Already, we have spent about N150, 000 on the treatment and surgery
she underwent. Currently, the police at Panti are demanding money to continue
the prosecution of the case. One of them asked for N20, 000.”
It was gathered that the case was transferred from Morogbo
to Lagos State Criminal Investigation and Intelligence Department, Yaba, Panti,
for further investigation and the girl’s torn clothes stained with blood are
being used as exhibits.
It was gathered that the victim, who is the first child of
her mother, has been living with her grandparents since she was six years old.

Follow Us on Facebook – @LadunLiadi; Instagram – @LadunLiadi; Twitter – @LadunLiadi; Youtube – @LadunLiadiTV for updates


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here