7 Months Old Baby Whom Mother Left Alone At Home Roasts To Death

0
I just hope she won’t blame the
devil. Even if she was just going down the street to buy salt, she should have
gone with her. We are talking about a baby here. Smh
Tragedy, occurred again in Lekki
area of the state Thursday afternoon, when fire consumed a seven- month-old
baby while her parents were away. It was said that before help could get to the
baby, she was completely burnt beyond recognition, Speaking with Saturday
Vanguard, the Director State Fire Services, Mr. Rasak Fadipe, narrated thus:” We
received distress call at about 1 pm of a fire outbreak at Ikota Housing
Estate, I quickly dispatched my men to scene of the fire incident.
The fire men later retrieved the
charred body of the baby girl from the debris of the fire. “It was later found
out that the baby was locked up alone in the house while the mother went out. The
husband it was learned had gone to his usual workplace. “ Fadipe added that
from investigation, the fire started from the kitchen before it spread to the
room where the baby was sleeping and due to the effect of the choking smoke the
baby must have died before the fire later burnt her.

He said it was one of the
neighbours who noticed thick smoke coming out of the apartment before the fire
service was later contacted for help. Fadipe, while commiserating with the
family over the loss, therefore, cautioned Parents, especially, mothers from
leaving their infant child or children at home alone without adult being around
to take care of them as such action often leads to disaster such as loss of
lives and property.

Fadipe, lamented over 18 distress
calls involving fire outbreaks at residences occurred alone last Thursday,
describing it as “alarming and unacceptable” in the state.

Follow Us on Facebook – @LadunLiadi; Instagram – @LadunLiadi; Twitter – @LadunLiadi; Youtube – @LadunLiadiTV for updates

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here