How Two Nephews Connived With Two Others To Murder Their 63-Year Old Aunt… SEE Their Photo

The people of Awara community in Ohaji/Egbe­ma Local
Government Area, Imo State are in still in shock, after learning from the
police that two nephews of Mrs Ogo Omereji, a 63-year-old grandmother,
masterminded her abduction and tortured her to death, after collect­ing ransom
from the relations.
The whole community trooped out and wailed when a team from
the Imo State Police Command visited the quiet rural community to exhume the
body of the woman, who was buried in a shallow grave after she died in the
custody of her abductors in the forest, where they kept her.
Omereji’s untimely journey to the great beyond began on
September 26, 2015, when she was kidnapped in her farm, as the Imo State
Commis­sioner of Police, Mr Taiwo Lakanu, told Sunday Sun reporter in his
office at the headquarters of the command in Owerri, the Imo State capital.

The abduction was executed by two nephews of the victim,
whose names were given as Emeka Chin­edu, 27, and Peter Obido, 28, with the
active partici­pation of two accomplices, namely, 26-year-old Gift Emeka and
Sunday Uchenna, who is 28 years old.
The evil four kept the woman in the forest for three months
in the most tortuous and inhumane condition and demanded N2million ransom from
the family. After much effort, the family could only raise N510,000, which they
paid to the kidnappers. While the abductors were waiting for the balance of
ransom, the woman died.
Recounting what transpired at that stage of the abduction
saga, leader of the gang, Gift Emeka told Sunday Sun reporter: “We kidnapped
the woman in her farm at Awara in Ohaji/Egbema, tortured her and took her to a
forest and demanded N2 million from her relatives. The family paid ransom of
N510,000.00. We held the woman for three months. After the relatives paid part
of the money, we started waiting for the balance of the ransom. But after two
weeks, the woman died in the forest,” he said.
Continuing the chilling tale, Sunday Uchenna, nephew of the
woman, said: “She is our relative and we are all from the same Awara Community.
Immediately after the victim died, we quickly looked for a shovel and dug a
grave in the forest where we buried her corpse. We didn’t inform the family
that the victim who was in our custody had died.
“When we waited for the balance of the ransom and we didn’t
hear from them again, we shared the N510, 000 among ourselves and left the
forest,” he said.
Meanwhile youths in the community had made spirited efforts
to search for the woman in the forest without success.
Expressing the pain of the youths over the incident, the
youth leader, Chukwudi Obi told Sunday Sun reporter: “We tried to comb (search)
everywhere to assist the family of Mrs. Omereji.”
If members of the gang thought that burying the woman was
the end of the matter, they obviously did not factor in the fact that
providence was watching. As the blood of the dead woman continued to cry for
justice, operatives of the Anti-Kidnapping Squad of the Imo State Police
Command which had been activated by the Commissioner of Police, following a
report lodged by the family, launched a diligent investigation and soon got a
breakthrough, which led to arrest of the suspects.
With the pain of losing a dear mother very evident, one of
her children (name withheld) said: “We were shocked when we heard that two of
the four suspects arrested by the police happened to be our relations, Emeka
Chinedu and Peter Obido.
It is still a mystery to us that our relations were part of
the gang that kidnapped, tortured and murdered our mother. She was in their
custody for good three months. After they kidnapped her, they demanded N2million
ransom. We paid N510,000 to them but we didn’t hear from them again. We thought
she was missing for good. When the police arrested them, the gang took us, the
police and the community to where they buried our mother,” he said.
After the decomposing body was exhumed, Laka­nu said that it
was released to the family for proper burial.
While the arrested suspects await trial in court, the youths
in the community have risen in stout rejection of the evil four. Their leader,
Obi declared: “We want justice to be done and we don’t want them to return back
to Awara community again.”

The police boss assured that the suspects would be arraigned
in court soon to face trial.

Follow Us on Facebook – @LadunLiadi; Instagram – @LadunLiadi; Twitter – @LadunLiadi; Youtube – @LadunLiadiTV for updates


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here