Mystery As UNILAG Student Consumes Poison In Hostel, Dies

0
A 300-level microbiology student of the University of Lagos,
Jacob Eniola, has died after allegedly consuming a poisonous substance known as
sniper.
The victim was said to have been rushed to the Lagos
University Teaching Hospital, Idi-Araba, where he gave up the ghost on Sunday.
It is, however, unclear why the victim took the poison. The
management of the school had already launched an investigation into the case.


A source said the victim took the poison on Saturday
evening.
The source said, “He stays in Biobaku Hall. It was on
Saturday that he took the poison and he was rushed to the hospital. This
morning, we got the news that he’s dead. I honestly cannot tell why he did
that.”
Friends of the deceased have also started pouring encomiums
on the late student, whom they described as gentle and easygoing.
Kunle Adegunoye, a former student leader, in a post on his
Facebook page, said he was surprised to hear about the incident.
He said, “March 2014 was the first time I saw him strolling
towards the entrance of the iconic room 113, Biobaku Hall of residence, bright,
confident, enthusiastic and likeable.
“Young, naive and ready to learn, he became the toast of
everyone in the room. Hardly can a minute pass without Enny, as he was fondly
called, ease smiles out of us. He made us sit up and do research with his
brilliant, though unending arguments,” he wrote while praising him in death.

Follow Us on Facebook – @LadunLiadi; Instagram – @LadunLiadi; Twitter – @LadunLiadi; Youtube – @LadunLiadiTV for updates

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here