Saturday, April 6, 2019

Jussie Smollett To Be Sued By City Of Chicago For Costs Over Alleged Attack

Empire actor Jussie Smollett is to be sued by the City of Chicago after apparently refusing to reimburse the costs of policing to investigate his claims of an alleged attack.

The 36-year-old had told police he had been the victim of a racist and homophobic attack in the city in January.

However, prosecutors said the attack was staged in a bid to boost his career and ordered Smollett to pay $130,000 (£99,500) to cover the cost of the investigation.

The deadline for payment passed on Thursday and now Chicago plans to sue, it said in a statement, despite prosecutors abruptly dropping plans to charge Smollett for allegedly staging the attack.


It said: "Mr Smollett has refused to reimburse the City Of Chicago for the cost of police overtime spent investigating his false police report on January 29, 2019.

"The Law Department is now drafting a civil complaint that will be filed in the Circuit Court Of Cook County.

"Once it is filed, the Law Department will send a courtesy copy of the complaint to Mr Smollett's LA-based legal team."

3 comments:

  1. If it was a black man the matter will still be on

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let him pay the moni and go his way which kind wahala be this he is worth over 7million dollars. He should be happy that they have dropped d case

    ReplyDelete