Thursday, May 9, 2019
Best and worst airlines and airports for 2019 revealed
Qatar Airways is ranked as the number one airline for the second year running with American Airlines in second place. Thomas Cook Airlines comes bottom of the list - just below easyJet.
The top airport for the second year running, the study claims, is Hamad International Airport in Doha, followed by Tokyo International Airport. Lisbon Portela Airport has been named as the worst.
The study was carried out by AirHelp, a company that assists passengers with compensation claims for delayed, cancelled or overbooked flights.
It ranked 72 airlines and 132 airports from 40,000 reviews based on on-time performance and quality of service, as well as food and drink options and how easy it is to claim a refund.
The best-ranked UK-based airline is Flybe, which comes 11th, followed by Virgin Atlantic, which comes 15th. British Airways comes 23rd and Jet2 54th.
The highest ranked UK airport is Bristol Airport, in 70th place, with London Heathrow coming 73rd.
Birmingham Airport is 78th, London City 104th, London Stansted 109th, Edinburgh Airport 122nd and Gatwick 123rd.
REVEALED: THE BEST AND WORST AIRLINES 2019
1. Qatar Airways
2. American Airlines
4. SAS Scandinavian Airlines
6. LATAM Airlines
9. Austrian Airlines
63. Adria Airways
64. Aerolineas Argentinas
69. Korean Air
70. Kuwait Airways
72. Thomas Cook
REVEALED: BEST AND WORST AIRPORTS FOR 2019
1. Hamad International Airport, Qatar
2. Tokyo International Airport, Japan
3. Athens International , Greece
4. Afonso Pena International Airport, Brazil
5. Gdańsk Lech Wałęsa Airport, Poland
6. Moscow Sheremetyevo International, Russia
7. Singapore Changi Airport,
8. Hyderabad Rajiv Gandhi International, India
9. Tenerife North Airport, Spain
10. Campinas International , Brazil
123. London Gatwick Airport, UK
124. Billy Bishop Toronto City Airport, Canada
125. Porto Airport, Portugal
126. Paris Orly Airport, France
127. Manchester Airport, UK
128. Malta International Airport, Malta
129. Henri Coandă International Airport, Bucharest, Romania
130. Eindhoven Airport, Netherlands
131. Kuwait International Airport, Kuwait
132. Lisbon Portela Airport, Portugal