Monday, June 10, 2019

Generator fume kills 10 wedding guests in Imo

There was a tragedy in Imo State on Monday as no fewer than ten traditional wedding guests died of fume from a generator and twenty others hospitalised.

The incident happened at Umuomumu Mbieri in the Mbaitoli Local Government Area of the state.

A community source told Punch that the wedding guests from Anambra State decided to pass the night at their in-law’s house after the ceremony.

It was the fume from the generator which ran through the night until morning that killed them, a Punch correspondent was told.


The State Commissioner of Police, Rabiu Ladodo, who confirmed the development to a Punch correspondent said, “the generator was on in the kitchen while the doors and widows of the rooms the guests slept were locked.”

“It is a case of sudden and natural death but we have commenced an investigation. Assistance is being rendered to the survivors.”

The victims and survivors were taken to Ikeduru General Hospital.

5 comments: