Thursday, August 8, 2019

Beyoncé diet plan revealed as been 'dangerous'

A diet endorsed by US pop singer Beyoncé "could be dangerous," the British Association for Nutrition and Lifestyle Medicine has told the BBC's Victoria Derbyshire programme.

Subscribers to the 22-day plan pay $14 to access plant-based recipes.

But nutritionist Daniel O'Shaughnessy says the diet could lead to "nutritional deficiencies".

Beyoncé's trainer Marco Borges said the singer was "mindful of the importance of proper nutrition and exercise".


The original diet was created in 2013 but the singer is now promoting Beyoncé's Kitchen, the plan she followed in preparation for her comeback performance at the 2018 Coachella festival after having twins.

A promotional video released on her YouTube channel last month opens with a clip from her Homecoming film, showing her stepping on to some scales and saying her weight is "every woman's worst nightmare".

The video has been viewed 1.7 million times.

Beyoncé also says to reach her goals she must limit herself to "no bread, no carbs, no sugar, no dairy, no meat, no fish, no alcohol… and I'm hungry". She followed the plan for 44 days.

4 comments: