Wednesday, September 25, 2019

Seven-year-old girl, stroke patient die as fire guts Lagos building

A girl of about seven years old and a 53-year-old man have been confirmed dead after fire gutted two buildings on Ogunmokun Street, in the Mushin area of Lagos State.

Punch correspondent gathered that the fire started around 3 pm after the girl lighted a gas cooker, which later exploded.

A resident, Ewatomi, who spoke to Punch correspondent from the scene of the incident, said as of 5 pm, the fire was still raging.

She said, “The fire started from a three-storey building and it has spread to the two-storey building beside it. The houses are too close to each other. Nobody could go upstairs to rescue anybody because smoke covered everywhere.

2 comments: