Friday, October 25, 2019

Man caught trying to have s.e.x with traffic cone

A man was caught trying to 'have s.e.x with a plastic traffic cone' at a train station by shocked staff.

Trevor Smith was spotted 'thrusting his hips' towards the object in a lift at Wigan North Western station, the Manchester Evening News reports.

The 48-year-old from St Helens, Merseyside, was sitting on the floor with his trousers and underpants pulled down, with the upturned cone on his lap.

When police were called to the scene they found him drunk and drugged-up on top of the cone with his pants still down.

Bolton Crown Court heard when he was questioned by officers he told them his trousers had fallen down.

Smith, who has two previous convictions for public s.e.x acts, walked free today as a judge handed him a suspended sentence.

The court heard that at around 9.30pm, a Virgin Rail worker asked a colleague to join him in the lift up to platform four at the station.

As they looked through the lift's window, they saw Smith sitting on the floor with the cone on his lap.

"I believe he was trying to have sex with the cone," one of the workers said.

"I was in complete shock. I have not seen anything like that in all my time working on the railways."

In victim impact statements, the pair said they were 'disgusted and appalled' by what they saw.

One told the court Smith was 'clearly' under the influence of drugs and did not appear to be aware of what he was doing.
While one of the workers contacted British Transport Police (BTP), the other tried to stop people from seeing what was happening.

After realising police had arrived and were watching him, Smith pulled up his pants.

Duncan Wilcock, prosecuting, said: "When the lift door opened, the defendant was now on top of the cone and appeared to be thrusting his hips as though he was having sex with it.

"It was clearly a lift to which members of the public had access."

Officers approached him and detected remnants of white powder around his face.

A snap-bag of drugs was also found on the lift floor and, as a result, Smith was arrested on suspicion of a drugs offence.

No further action was taken on that matter.

He was then de-arrested and allowed to return for voluntary interview the following day.

Smith was sentenced to 26 weeks in prison suspended for two years after he previously admitted a charge of outraging public decency..

He has also been made subject to a curfew between the hours of 8pm and 6am and told he must take part in a drug rehabilitation programme for up to 30 weeks.