Monday, February 1, 2021

Meghan Markle says taking her Christian names off son Archie's birth certificate was 'dictated' by Buckingham Palace

Meghan Markle has claimed Buckingham Palace 'dictated' her first names being erased from Archie's birth certificate. 

It emerged on Saturday evening that the names 'Rachel Meghan' were removed from the mother section of Archie's birth certificate, leaving it as Her Royal Highness the Duchess of Sussex.

Archie's birth was registered on May 17, 2019, after he was born on May 6. 

However, a month later, on June 6, the mother's name was changed.

It was previously thought to be a nod to Princess Diana with her preferred name, 'Her Royal Highness the Princess of Wales'.

However, a spokesman for Meghan has now claimed that 'the change of name on public documents in 2019 was dictated by the palace'. 

Through her spokesman, Meghan also said it was 'offensive' to suggest she had wanted to be 'nameless' on her child's birth certificate. 

It remains unclear why exactly the birth certificate was changed. 

The spokesman told the Telegraph: 'The change of name on public documents in 2019 was dictated by The Palace, as confirmed by documents from senior Palace officials. This was not requested by Meghan, The Duchess of Sussex nor by The Duke of Sussex.

'To see this UK tabloid and their carnival of so-called 'experts' chose to deceptively whip this into a calculated family 'snub' and suggest that she would oddly want to be nameless on her child's birth certificate, or any other legal document, would be laughable were it not offensive.' 

The change triggered speculation, with the Queen's ex-press secretary Dickie Arbiter saying: 'Maybe this was an early part of their plan.' 

Lady Colin Campbell, who spotted the amendment, said: 'It is extraordinary and raises all kinds of questions about what the Sussexes were thinking.' 

Months after the name change the couple had quit the royal family.   

Previously, it was revealed the Duchess of Sussex is 'unlikely' to accompany her husband when he returns to the UK in early summer.

The sixth in line to the throne will almost certainly travel to see his family for the first time since the couple acrimoniously quit as working royals alone, multiple sources have told the Daily Mail.




3 comments: