Saturday, March 6, 2021

Death of two Imo undergraduates linked to generator fume

Two undergraduates of the Federal University of Technology, Owerri, have allegedly died as a result of inhaled carbon monoxide from a generator in their hostel.

The students, Udeagbala Kenchukwu,21, and Stephen Anele, 21, were found dead after police operatives forced the door of their room at Jabulani hostel at Eziobodo, open.

A source at the hostel told punch correspondent on Saturday that “we had to invite the police after the students refused to open their room up to 6pm the next day.”

The source said that it was strange to them when on Thursday evening the three students who slept in the room could not open their room till the evening of Thursday.

“We invited the police and the room was forced open and to our surprise, the three roommates were almost dead. They were rushed to the hospital for emergency attention. Unfortunately, two died while one made it.” The undergraduate who pleaded anonymity said.



3 comments: