Wedding guests have been filmed running for their lives after indoor fireworks at the reception caused a huge blaze.
In a video that has gone viral on Reddit, the newly hitched bride and groom share their first dance together as indoor fireworks on the stage wow onlookers.
The amazement soon turns to terror, though, as the sparks catch onto overhanging paper streamers and dried flowers, engulfing a large part of the ceiling in seconds.
The couple along with the guests are forced to run for cover.
Heroic staff can be seen trying to put out the flames with extinguishers but they fight a losing battle with the force of the fire.
The video, believed to have been taken somewhere in Mexico, has gone viral on Reddit where many comments pointed to the likelihood of a blaze with the dried flowers and material surrounding the fireworks.
More than 3,500 people commented on the video called “Indoor fireworks before first dance”.
One person wrote: ““Real f***ing genius planning there.”
Another wrote: “Like … did they forget about all of the very flammable cloth decor above?”
A third added: “I have a burning question.. what the hell were they thinking?”
Some people did point to how nice the setting had appeared before it all went badly wrong.
One wrote: “I think the wedding looked really beautiful, the decor, table setting, the way the guests were all dressed up. Too bad there was no common sense in the activity.”
Someone else responded: “I was hoping someone would crosspost this because no one was discussing how beautiful the whole wedding looked before they made a potentially fatal mistake.
“This is what happens when people get too caught up in spectacle. It’s why there’s a universal hatred for gender reveal parties.”