Home News After N20m ransom, Bungudu Emir remains with abductors

After N20m ransom, Bungudu Emir remains with abductors

1

After N20m ransom, Bungudu Emir remains with abductors…

Emir of Bungudu in Zamfara State, Alhaji Hassan Atto, remains with his abductors even after the payment of N20 million ransom.

The emir was abducted when bandits waylaid a convoy of vehicles he was travelling in from Kaduna to Abuja on September 14.

He was said to be on his way to join Zamfara government’s delegation to the UN General Assembly in the United States.

Confirming the incident at the time, the Kaduna State police command said unspecified number of commuters were abducted along with the monarch in the daylight attack which occurred around Dutse village on the highway.

READ ALSO:   Petroleum tanker drivers suspend tomorrow's strike

A source familiar with the case told Daily Trust  the bandits’ kingpin had shifted the goalpost after agreeing to release the emir upon payment of agreed ransom.

“He is now insisting that ransom must be N100 million, instead of the initial amount agreed,” the source said, explaining that family members and negotiators have been warned to be wary of the kingpin as he had previously vowed not to release the monarch even with ransom paid.

READ ALSO:   12-year old girl who was r3ped takes her own life over continuous bullying

The emir, officially recognised as Sarkin Fulanin Bungudu, is known for tough stance against bandits in his domain and support for local vigilantes.

Boderi is responsible for a number of atrocious attacks in Giwa, Chikun, Igabi and Zaria local governments, including the abduction of students of Federal College of Forestry Mechanization, Afaka, in March.

Follow Us on Facebook – @LadunLiadi; Instagram – @LadunLiadi; Twitter – @LadunLiadi; Youtube – @LadunLiadiTV for updates

1 COMMENT

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here