At least three persons died in the gas explosion that occurred this morning on Ojekunle Street in the Ladipo area of Mushin in Lagos State.
Mrs. Margaret Adeseye, Director of Lagos State Fire and Rescue Service, has confirmed the incident.
“The Gas incident which was reported at 08:42 hours Tuesday morning via the State emergency reporting platform was swiftly responded to by a combination of the State first and secondary responders.
“On arrival at the scene, it was discovered that it is an open space used for several activities including a beer parlour, mechanic workshop, spare parts sale, and gas shop amongst others while housing a makeshift structure.
“Three male adults had been recovered as rescue and recovery operations continue in an environment isolated from causing any further secondary incident.
“Preliminary investigations to establish the fact of the incident continues and further discovery will be made public.”